5/14/13

PDQ--The GURPS/Fate Rules-Lite Lovechild

I have been interested in picking up a PDQ-based game for a while. Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies is tops on my PDQ wish list, but on a whim, I ended up purchasing Dead Inside (PDF) from RPGNow. I won a $10 gift certificate from Erik Tenkar et. al. as part of the Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day celebration. I was a random winner, which means I posted that day (thanks, Erik!).

It may seem blasphemous to purchase a PDQ game with "old school money" but PDQ is like the Swords & Wizardry of new school games, kind of a rules-lite lovechild of GURPS and Fate. You can get the generic PDQ Core rules for free and also get PDQ Sharp for free as well. PDQ Sharp is a variant that serves as the basis for Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies (which is still on my wish list, I just want to get it in hardcopy).